Important update concerning the next two weeks
Jenna and I trust you are doing well. We are praying for you and your family as we enter this Christmas week.
I have some important information to give you concerning changes to our church schedule for the next two weeks.
Everyday we watch the local information concerning COVID cases in our area. As with the rest of our state, Hernando is experiencing an increase in cases. We’ve had 1,135 new cases in the past two weeks and our positive test rate has crossed over the 10% threshold. (Florida wants that number below 10% and decreasing).
This rise in cases has touched many families within our congregation. Please be praying with me for these families as well as our community as a whole. This virus can hit some individuals very hard. We must all work together to protect one another and help mitigate the spread of this disease in our community.
Because of the effect the virus has had on our church, we are making the following adjustment for the next two weeks:
- All MIDWEEK activities are suspended for the next two weeks Dec 21- Jan 1.
- Grace Kids Jr (ages 0-4) will not be available this Sunday.
- Grace Kids Fire Nights has been postponed. A virtual Grace Kids event will be made available on the Grace Kids Facebook page and Youtube page.
- Our office is open for essential activities only. Please call if you need something.
Our Sunday morning service will still be taking place in person and online. If you are coming to the Dome, we ask that you abide by the CDC recommendations:
- Remain at home if you are sick or been around someone who is sick.
- Remain six feet or more apart from others.
- Use a face covering when physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Refrain from congregating in the Dome or foyer before and after service.
Know that Jenna and I, along with our entire pastoral team are covering you in prayer. You have an amazing church family that is here for you. If you need something please contact us through the website or during office hours at 352.796.3685. There is an end in sight to this global pandemic and I am confident our best days are ahead.
PS: I’ve provided helpful information below:
CDC Guidance If You Are Sick
CDC Guidance on Quarantine
At Home Testing
Local Testing Options
Latest Information on Florida’s Cases